Friday, August 12, 2011

Just Getting Started and Clueless About Creating a Blog!!! :)


   Hello! My name is Stephanie McVey.  I am a first grade teacher at Terre Town Elementary School in Terre Haute, Indiana.  I have been teaching for 13 years. I attended Indiana State University where I earned a Bachelor of Science degree in 1997 and the degree of Master of Education in 2002.
    When I am not teaching, I enjoy spending time with my husband Kenny and my 2 year old son Keanan! I enjoy being outdoors, singing, refinishing old furniture, landscaping, and spending time with family and friends.
   As an educator, I believe that teachers should create a positive classroom environment, centering the classroom and their teaching style around their students so that they may fit different types of learners. I believe teachers should create an environment that promotes enthusiasm, values individual interests, and creativity. I feel it is essential that teachers be aware of the interests of their students, never ceasing to learn and try new ideas!      
    I am very excited about getting started with this blog! It is my first! I feel inspired to try many new things! What an awesome way to better ourselves as teachers and it is FUNTABULOUS!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment